The Clone Commando Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Republic Commando Series

2 posters

Go down

The Republic Commando Series Empty The Republic Commando Series

Post by Deviss Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:25 pm

With the first book being released one year before its Game counterpart, the Republic Commando franchise has seen five full-length Novels and one incredibly successful and long-lasting video game.

The Republic Commando Novels tell the story of Omega Squad, four Clone Commandos and their experiences during the torturous Clone Wars.

I'll give a brief summary of each Book below. If you want to know what happens in each book, then you'll just have to read them for yourselves.

----------------------------------------
The Republic Commando Series HardContact

Hard Contact
On a mission to sabotage a nanovirus research facility on a Separatist-held planet, four clone troopers operate under the very noses of their enemies. The commandos are outnumbered and outgunned, deep behind enemy lines with no backup—and working with strangers instead of trusted teammates. Matters don't improve when Darman, the squad's demolitions expert, gets cut off from the others during planetfall. Even Darman's apparent good luck in meeting a Jedi Padawan vanishes once she admits to her woeful inexperience.

For the isolated clone commandos and stranded Jedi, a long, dangerous journey lies ahead, through hostile territory brimming with Trandoshan slavers, Separatists , and suspicious natives. A single misstep could mean discovery … and death. It's a virtual suicide mission for anyone—anyone except Republic Commandos.

The Republic Commando Series RCTZ

Triple Zero
For Omega Squad, deployed deep behind enemy lines, it's the same old special ops grind: sabotage, espionage, ambush, and assassination. But when Omega Squad is rushed to Coruscant, the war's most dangerous new hotspot, the commandos discover they're not the only ones penetrating the heart of the enemy.

A surge in Separatist attacks has been traced to a network of Sep terror cells in the Republic's capital, masterminded by a mole in Command Headquarters. To identify and destroy a Separatist spy and terror network in a city full of civilians will require special talents and skills. Not even the leadership of Jedi generals, along with the assistance of Delta squad and a certain notorious ARC trooper, can even the odds against the Republic Commandos. And while success may not bring victory in the Clone Wars, failure means certain defeat.

The Republic Commando Series 9780345498007

True Colors
As the savage Clone Wars rage unchecked, the Republic's deadliest warriors face the grim truth that the Separatists aren't their only enemy—or even their worst.

In the Grand Army's desperate fight to crush the Separatists, the secret special ops missions of its elite clone warriors have never been more critical…or more dangerous. A growing menace threatens Republic victory, and the members of Omega Squad make a shocking discovery that shakes their loyalty.

As the lines continue to blur between friend and enemy, citizens—from civilians and sergeants to Jedi and generals—find themselves up against a new foe: the doubt in their own hearts and minds. The truth is a fragile, shifting illusion—and only the approaching inferno will reveal both sides in their true colors.

The Republic Commando Series Star-Wars-A-Republic-Commando-Order19-med

Order 66
Even as the Clone Wars are about to reach an explosive climax, no one knows if victory will favor the Grand Army of the Republic (GAR) or the Separatists. But no matter who wins, the stakes are highest for elite Special Ops clones like the Republic Commandos in Omega and Delta squads—and the notorious renegade Advance Recon Commando troopers known as Null ARCs.

With Republic forces stretched to the max and casualties mounting, the last thing these beleaguered warriors need to hear is that Chancellor Palpatine is keeping vast armies of secret clone troops in reserve. Sergeant Skirata, a mentor to the clone commandos, has no intention of standing idly by while Palpatine sends them into battle like lambs to the slaughter. Skirata begins to plan the clones' escape from the GAR, but his heroic effort will be in vain unless he can reverse the clones' accelerated aging process.

Caught in the treacherous dealings of their leaders, and locked in the battles of their lives, the disillusioned Null ARCs and Commandos nonetheless fight with everything they've got, determined to wrest victory from the Seps and save the galaxy. But even the deadliest weapons may not be powerful enough to defeat the real menace. And nothing will stop the apocalyptic horror unleashed when Palpatine utters the chilling words The time has come. Execute Order 66. Translation: Kill all Jedi. With their faith in the Republic and their loyalty to their Jedi allies put to the ultimate test, how will the men of Omega and Delta squads react to the most infamous command in galactic history?

The Republic Commando Series Star-Wars-Imperial-Commando-501st-K14-med

Imperial Commando: 501st
The Jedi have been decimated in the Great Purge, and the Republic has fallen. Now the former Republic Commandos -- the galaxy's finest special forces troops, cloned from Jango Fett -- find themselves on opposing sides and in very different armor. Some have deserted and fled to Mandalore with the mercenaries, renegade clone troopers, and rogue Jedi who make up Kal Skirata's ragtag resistance to Imperial occupation. Others -- including men from Delta and Omega squads -- now serve as Imperial Commandos, a black ops unit within Vader's own 501st Legion, tasked to hunt down fugitive Jedi and clone deserters.

For Darman, grieving for his Jedi wife and separated from his son, it's an agonizing test of loyalty. But he's not the only one who'll be forced to test the ties of brotherhood. On Mandalore, clone deserters and the planet's own natives, who have no love for the Jedi, will have their most cherished beliefs challenged. In the savage new galactic order, old feuds may have to be set aside to unite against a far bigger threat, and nobody can take old loyalties for granted.
----------------------------------------
Now I haven't started Imperial Commando: 501st yet, hopefully will have by the end of today, but if it's anything like the four previous Novels, I'm sure it will be just as good.

Overall I loved the Republic Commando Series. I've grown very fond of the Characters in each book and wish that Ms. Karen Traviss would have been able to finish this kandosii Storyline. Sadly, I doubt that will happen due to "contractual issues" and changes in continuity with the release of The Clone Wars TV Series. Despite the reasons for the changes being made, which were never revealed, Traviss withdrew from writing the three pre-planned books in the Republic Commando Series.

I will most likely re-read the Series after I finish Imperial Commando: 501st. If you're a Fan of Star Wars, which I'm assuming most of you are since we're in a Star Wars-related gaming Clan, then I highly recommend these books.

Also, I would like to give extra credit to Order 66. I just finished it this morning and, to Karen Traviss' credit, that was the first book I've read that actually made me cry. I'll not reveal anything about that part of the book, so as to not spoil the effect. It was wonderfully written. All of the books were.

In Summary: read these books!
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 6965
Xfire? : thefallen92
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

The Republic Commando Series Empty Re: The Republic Commando Series

Post by zeb k Wed May 18, 2011 11:10 am

this series is awesome! i own them all and have read them each many times. my favorite was order 66 but they all are very good and well written. to bad karen traviss is not going to finish them
zeb k
zeb k

Number of posts : 644
Xfire? : zsking
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum