The Clone Commando Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stand Up Comedy

+2
Deviss
Jack
6 posters

Go down

Stand Up Comedy Empty Stand Up Comedy

Post by Jack Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:48 pm

So i've seen lots of comedy, and i' thought i would review some of my favorites..

George Carlin: He can be vulgar, he can cross the line, but he has good ideas and concepts. He has lots of funny bits and lots of serious bits, he is definitely someone to watch if your not easily offended. I really love his later works, but his earlier work is great too, everything from 7 words to modern man is great. Warning: Vulgar, probably rated r..

I give his comedy 5 stars out of 5.

Daniel Tosh: Definitely geared towards a younger audience, and is definitely not the funniest comedian i've seen. He is great for laughs but can be a bit racist. If you've seen his t.v show its very similar, and you can tell where he is going with most things.

I give him.. 3 out of 5.

Frank Caliendo: One of the best imitator comedians i've ever seen, he has an amazing grasp of how people talk and act, he is hilarious. Great for when you need a laugh, and even better if you know a lot of the quotes and how the people he is imitating sound / say. All around amazing comedian, always lifts my spirits and he isn't as vulgar as previous comedians.

I give him.. 5 out of 5.

Gabriel Iglesias: Great comedian, he can be a little bit erm.. offensive at times but most of his humor is aimed at himself and / or the people surrounding him. He is a great comedian who frequently gives a good laugh, but doesn't give you much to think about. He has a few funny bits, but other then a few of his jokes he is a little bit forgettable.

I give him.. 4 out of 5.

Bo Burnham: His music his hilarious and great for an ipod. He is pretty good, but most of his music sounds eerily similar and while self depreciating jokes can be funny, after a while it can be a little sad. He's a great comedian, great for laughs and to listen too. One of his songs is much more serious then his others and i urge you guys to check it out if you can "Art is Dead". Great song, and makes you think a little bit about show business.

I give him.. 3 out of 5.

Robin Williams: His words and acts are hilarious. Can be a little raunchy at times, but over all hilarious and his jokes are much more to the point. He has great HBO specials and is great for laughs, i don't have much else to say about him and his jokes other then he provides a great time and great laughs.

I give him.. 5 out of 5.

I think i've forgotten about 3 or 4 more comedians that i've watched over the past couple days, but i love and avidly watch all the stand up i can. I even have written my own bits, that i wouldn't dare share. Hope you guys enjoy, and check out my netflix thread.
Jack
Jack
1100 Posts Rating
1100 Posts Rating

Number of posts : 1551
Xfire? : jackhazardk
Registration date : 2010-06-17

Back to top Go down

Stand Up Comedy Empty Re: Stand Up Comedy

Post by Deviss Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:49 pm

What about Dane Cook? Dude cracks me up!
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 6965
Xfire? : thefallen92
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:52 pm

deviss(Null-7) wrote:What about Dane Cook? Dude cracks me up!

Forgot about him here we go..

Dane Cook: I've watched his acts frequently and through the years he has always cracked me up. While he is funny, every time i hear him it gets a little less funny, and he is definitely not geared to the most mature of audiences.. He can be funny, it depends person to person though. I can see both sides of the argument of "That dude is terrible" and "That dude is hilarious".

I give him.. 4 out of 5.
Jack
Jack
1100 Posts Rating
1100 Posts Rating

Back to top Go down

Post by Çassús Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:25 pm

what bout Jim Carrey and George Lopez
Çassús
Çassús
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 2152
Location : In west Philadelphia born and raised, On the playground where I spent most of my days..
Xfire? : Skitchcassus
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by foxrock66(Roadkill) Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Tim Hawkins is where it's at
foxrock66(Roadkill)
foxrock66(Roadkill)
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 3164
Xfire? : foxrock66
Registration date : 2008-04-13

http://foxrock66.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:12 pm

Koblus™ wrote:what bout Jim Carrey and George Lopez

Jim Carrey: Amazing actor, amazing comedian. I love his bits about canada, and he is all around a good laugh. He is more of a physical comedian though, and for the most part seeing him is much better then hearing him on a cd or whatnot.

5 out of 5.

George Lopez: He is a funny man, but far too much talk of hispanics for my taste. I can tolerate it to a point, but most of his jokes are associated with latino culture. He gives me a huge laugh most of the time, but he does go on a rant about that kind of thing. I can respect it, but he really needs some more material that isn't directed at a single audience.

i give him, 3 out of 5. (I like him better in his t.v show.. if it was based on that it would be 5 out of 5.)

Chris Rock: I forgot this guy, but he is HILARIOUS. Vulgar, but so right. He does focus on a more black audience, but you can easily relate and he gives me a huge laugh. I love his bits, all of em are funny. I've seen one or two of his specials, really want to see more of him. He has kept me up for hours on end just watching him and listening to his comedy, he is a very good comedian. *Warning* very vulgar.

I give him, 5 out of 5.

Larry the Cable guy: Not sure of his actual stage name, i just know him as this. He is a redneck, and is freaking hilarious. He can be a bit raunchy, a bit vulgar, and a bit hilarious. He really can depict a redneck amazingly, and is very funny. I personally am not the biggest fan of him, but his movies are awesome.

I give him 3 out of 5 (if your including the movies.. 4 out of 5 probably.)

Jeff Foxworthy: Forgot about this guy too, i saw the whole blue collar comedy tour and thought this guy stood out amongst the others. I really liked his personality a lot more and is more of a Simpsons character come to life. Not in the crazy way, but in comedy sense he has amazing bits and reminds me of slanders from simpsons with his beard and face.. Really funny guy, i like him far better then i do the other rednecks in that show.

i give him, 4 out of 5.

P.s. I gotta check out that Tim Hawkins character.
Jack
Jack
1100 Posts Rating
1100 Posts Rating

Back to top Go down

Post by Butters Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:34 am

What about Chappelle?
Butters
Butters
500 Posts Rating
500 Posts Rating

Number of posts : 596
Xfire? : butterlicious
Registration date : 2008-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Mon Apr 11, 2011 7:31 pm

I've watched a lot of Chappelle, sorry for not menchioning him..

He's a rather raunchy comedian who loves to take things from a rather.. Unique perspective. His comedy ranges from his tv show (which i don't much like, but it does have some hilarious sketches.. but other sketches seem overly racist)

i give him a 3 out of 5.. I liked him best in Men in Tights, but his stand up and tv show aren't exactly my favorites.

Jo Koy: Hilarious comedian, he loves to make fun of a wide range of ethnicities, so he's easy to get offended by.. But most of his act is pretty funny. I especially love his bits about his son and the sharpies...

5 out of 5. Just because of the Green monster, with the 2 eye balls.

Whitney Cummings: Hilarious lady who loves to poke fun at both men and women. She's probably funnier if your 20+ because most of her jokes are more relationship oriented.. But hilarious nontheless.

4 out of 5.

Lewis Black: One of my favorite comedians, very profane and loves to talk politics. Favorite comedian, hard to explain. He also had a t.v. series called "The root of evil" which was hilarious.. By far a top 10 comedian for me.

5 out of 5.

Rusell Brand: Hilarious guy, he isn't known for his stand up because he's mainly an actor.. But i did find one of his shows on netflix. He is hilarious, and in one show cracked me up in almost every joke.

5 out of 5.

John Oliver: Hilarious guy, as scene on "The Daily Show". Great comedian in his sets of "Terrifying Times".. I find him funny, not terribly funny at times.. But mostly funny. A very above average comedian.

4 out of 5.
Jack
Jack
1100 Posts Rating
1100 Posts Rating

Back to top Go down

Post by frang Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:33 pm

Definitely Lewis Black. His "Black is Back" segments on the Daily Show floor me.

frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 2430
Xfire? : frangible
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down