The Clone Commando Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My totally awesome Portal 2 review

4 posters

Go down

My totally awesome Portal 2 review  Empty My totally awesome Portal 2 review

Post by RubyEclipse Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:42 pm

So Portal 2 came out just before midnight on the 18th, and in total the game took about 14 hours to beat the campaigns. This game is an amazing sequel to the first portal. the first portal took about 3-4 hours to finish, and as i said this one took about 14 for both. the story to the first portal was really pretty basic, but they expanded it to the max in this one, adding a whole new bunch of characters, tools (such as propulsion, repulsion, and conversion gel, lasers, and some explosives near the end, along with the original weighted companion cube), and a very extended story. the first one was somewhat dull, but this one makes up for that. and once you beat single player, you can go online and do the coop campaign, which is basically the single player campaign extended, but you play as a different character and of course requires 2 people to solve the puzzles. the first one wasn't really all that funny, but this one you'll find yourself laughing at all the stupid things that happen. this game deserves an easy 10/10, they made it absolutely perfect.
RubyEclipse
RubyEclipse
300 Posts Rating
300 Posts Rating

Number of posts : 378
Xfire? : dragoneclipse
Registration date : 2010-04-11

Back to top Go down

My totally awesome Portal 2 review  Empty Re: My totally awesome Portal 2 review

Post by frang Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:55 pm

Cool. I was a little worried, since v 2.0 is so much bigger, it would spoil the fun. Glad I was wrong! Thanks, RE!
frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 2430
Xfire? : frangible
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

My totally awesome Portal 2 review  Empty Re: My totally awesome Portal 2 review

Post by RubyEclipse Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:21 pm

well it's only cus they made the story big enough to fit the bigger maps and tests, along with all the new tools to fiddle with, did i mention they have anti gravity tubes now that you can use in most tests. its was really worth the $45 (well that was pre-order price), its $50 now on pc, and $60 on console. Oh and you can cross platform from ps3 to pc with the coop.
RubyEclipse
RubyEclipse
300 Posts Rating
300 Posts Rating

Back to top Go down

Post by foxrock66(Roadkill) Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:37 pm

On the co-op. Do you know if it's got split screen, or is it just XBL?
foxrock66(Roadkill)
foxrock66(Roadkill)
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 3164
Xfire? : foxrock66
Registration date : 2008-04-13

http://foxrock66.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Churminess Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:10 am

RubyEclipse wrote:the first portal took about 3-4 hours to finish

Just took me 2, I was gifted it last night over Steam, that was my biggest gripe with the first one, it was waaay too short. Though this sounds like it's improved on everything else too, I'm definitely going to have to pick this up.
Churminess
Churminess

Number of posts : 1840
Location : you must request government clearence to access this data
Xfire? : churminess
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyEclipse Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:57 pm

foxrock66(Roadkill) wrote:On the co-op. Do you know if it's got split screen, or is it just XBL?
it might be split screen, but i don't play on console so i wouldn't know, let me look. yeah just looked, there is split screen and xbl coop.
Churminess(3IC) wrote:

Just took me 2, I was gifted it last night over Steam, that was my biggest gripe with the first one, it was waaay too short. Though this sounds like it's improved on everything else too, I'm definitely going to have to pick this up.
The only reason it was so short was because valve didn't think it would blow up like it did, it was more or less, well why not throw this in with the orange box
RubyEclipse
RubyEclipse
300 Posts Rating
300 Posts Rating

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down