The Clone Commando Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These Games are Awsome!

+3
frang
foxrock66(Roadkill)
zeb k
7 posters

Go down

These Games are Awsome! Empty These Games are Awsome!

Post by zeb k Mon May 16, 2011 2:01 pm

ok well here are some of my all time fav games and my review of them:
the elder scrolls 3 morrowind. this game is not a shooter or anything it has like swords and magic(kinda like WOW but not a MMORPG) but is one of the best games of all time Smile you can customize your character from(i think) 10 different races(like there's a cat race and a lizard race and stuff) then there are different faces to choose from. when the game starts you are given a quest(the main quest) but you don't have to do it. it has a very open world with hundreds of NPCs(non player characters) that are 100% killable and 99% of them you can kill without messing up the main quest. there are a huge number of side quests that are quite long and entertaining there are guilds and factions you can join that have very long quests. you have like 30-40 skills(i. e. long blade, heavy armor, marksman) and every ten skill increases you level up. leveling up increases the amount of stuff you can carry and your magic and health and stuff and makes higher level weapons and armor available. you can wear whatever clothes/armor you want and use whatever weapons you want. its very open you can go on massive killing sprees or be a good law abiding person. its a great game and because its older its quite cheap. note: this game is a few years old but has decent graphics and works on windows vista and 7.

the elder scrolls 4 oblivion. this has much of the same stuff as morrowind seeing as its the next one in the series. but it has much better graphics and fighting animations and stuff. it has a huge number of NPCs just like the first one. even though there a series they have nothing in common in the main quest so if you have not played morrowind you will still understand oblivion. maybe my fav game ever!

the jedi academy games are also quite good as well but i'm to lazy to write a review about them now(i used up all my energy on morrowind Smile )

there are more but i can't think of them right now. hope this helps people get entertained by computers
zeb k
zeb k

Number of posts : 644
Xfire? : zsking
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

These Games are Awsome! Empty Re: These Games are Awsome!

Post by foxrock66(Roadkill) Mon May 16, 2011 3:44 pm

My name is Fox and I support this post
foxrock66(Roadkill)
foxrock66(Roadkill)
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 3164
Xfire? : foxrock66
Registration date : 2008-04-13

http://foxrock66.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by frang Mon May 16, 2011 11:55 pm

lol.

Big fan of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 2430
Xfire? : frangible
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by zeb k Wed May 18, 2011 10:49 am

thanks fox and frang i agree the jedi knight games are great(i like jedi academy better because you pretty much start with your force powers but in jedi outcast you can to wait and suck for a while. but jedi outcast got better reviews for some reason(the reviewers must be doing the unforgivable: disagreeing with me!!!)) the nerve of some people herumf *shouts random nonsense at the wall* now the wall won't even listen to me!
zeb k
zeb k

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus Wed May 18, 2011 10:52 am

Let me guess.... hes in Zeta isnt he? xD
Angelus
Angelus

Number of posts : 691
Xfire? : caarkantossgt
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by frang Wed May 18, 2011 7:46 pm

lol. Let's not tell him that with the right set of console commands you can play Jedi from the start of Jedi Outcast. It's fantastic played that way. Oops, guess I shouldn't have said that.

I suppose I shouldn't mention that the huge number of console commands allows the player to mod JA and JO to no end. The limit of bad guys you can fight literally has no limit, other than the processing power of your system.
frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by zeb k Thu May 19, 2011 12:01 pm

actually i'm in alpha turok Twisted Evil oh and frang don't worry i know all the console commands and cheats for both the jedi knight games but i didn't use them the first time i played the game(after i finished the game just used them the have fun(the first time i wanted to do it all myself))
zeb k
zeb k

Back to top Go down

Post by frang Thu May 19, 2011 2:20 pm

That's the way I do it, too. I play sp games un-modded the first time through, then I get all funky with the console commands and mods. Having played JO both ways, I gotta say, the utter fun of being a Jedi from the start is so much fun, I just don't understand why they didn't build the game that way in the first place.
frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Thu May 19, 2011 2:29 pm

I think it's because you have to re-learn your force powers. I didn't know Jedi *forgot* how to use the force in the first place. Razz

Another great game if you like the sandbox/free roam style is Just Cause 2. It does have a campaign but it's mainly go around and do whatever you want.
Blitz
Blitz

Number of posts : 665
Xfire? : shocky41
Registration date : 2010-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post by zeb k Wed May 25, 2011 3:59 pm

Oh and Oblivion is rated M but for those of you who's parents will not let them play M rated games I will shoot down the ratings but first:
First of all Oblivion was originally rated T but then two things happened: one: a hacker hacked into the Bethesda Softworks network when oblivion was being made and removed all the tops on the women in the game. There was nothing there just black nothingness. They took it away(duh) but it helped get the game a M rating. Two: there are a large number of mods that you can download for the game and some of them are... well... more nude then others. so that got it a M even though the game comes with none of this. Anyway:
The game is rated M for:
Blood and Gore: I think this is completely dumb because: A: you can turn the blood off completely and B: the "blood and gore" is like if you hit someone with your sword then there is a little bit of red on your sword and on the surrounding wall, rocks ect. ect.
Language: This is also completely dumb: only a few people swear at all and they say: d*mn(like two times), b*astard(like one time), and hell a few times. Thats about all
Sexual Themes: okay well its the mods i talked about earlier. no other reason.
Use of Alcohol: well there are a few kinds of beer that you can click on and it makes a little bubbly sound and you get stronger or whatever. also there are a few inns where some people will be drinking out of mugs.
Violence: well there is less violence then a game like repcom and halo because it is not a totally war based game. you can do anything. Sometimes you will have to fight but its not hugely violence.
Well that's all. I personally would let a 10 year old play it but maybe that's just me.
zeb k
zeb k

Back to top Go down

Post by frang Wed May 25, 2011 7:40 pm

Thanks for the review zeb. Could you tell us about the game, I'm not familiar with Oblivion.
frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Wed May 25, 2011 8:01 pm

And also which one you are reviewing, because aren't there three?
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by foxrock66(Roadkill) Wed May 25, 2011 10:11 pm

Nope, only one Oblivion! Now there are several Elder Scrolls games, Oblivion being the fourth. All in all a superb piece of gaming finery. If you enjoyed Fallout, then double the fun and place it in a medieval fantasy setting. That's Oblivion. My favorite game of all time. I spent over 150 hours on that sucker. And that's the Xbox 360 version with no mods!
foxrock66(Roadkill)
foxrock66(Roadkill)
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 3164
Xfire? : foxrock66
Registration date : 2008-04-13

http://foxrock66.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by zeb k Thu May 26, 2011 2:05 pm

blitz with the rating thing i was reviewing oblivion Smile. anyway frang: i agree with fox it is the best game of all time. it has a lot of the same stuff as morrowind with hundreds of NPCs very customizable character with 10 or so different races and each one is hugely customizable. there are a huge number of quests in the game(anything from short 1/2 hour quests to ones that take days to finish) like morrowind there is a main quest but you don't have to do it it is a very open game you can do just about anything you want to. it has 21 different skills(like morrowind it has stuff like blade, marksman ect. ect.) that you can use different combos to different effects. usually you choose most skills from the same class. there are three classes: magic, warrior and stealth. you level up the skills by using things that fall under that skill as in to level up your blade skill you use a sword and the level up your light armor you wear light armor ect. ect. every 10 skill increases you level up. you have 8 attributes and can raise 3 every time you level up. they are stuff like strength, speed and personality. raising them makes you faster, stronger, makes you have more magic, that kind of thing. it has great gameplay and graphics. in short: its the best game ever made Very Happy definitely worth the 10 buck or so it costs
zeb k
zeb k

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Thu May 26, 2011 2:16 pm

foxrock66(Roadkill) wrote:Nope, only one Oblivion! Now there are several Elder Scrolls games, Oblivion being the fourth. All in all a superb piece of gaming finery. If you enjoyed Fallout, then double the fun and place it in a medieval fantasy setting. That's Oblivion. My favorite game of all time. I spent over 150 hours on that sucker. And that's the Xbox 360 version with no mods!
Yes, my mistake. What are the names of the others?
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by zeb k Thu May 26, 2011 5:07 pm

the other elder scrolls games? if thats what you mean then they are: arena, daggerfall, morrowind and oblivion are the elder scrolls games
zeb k
zeb k

Back to top Go down

Post by Blitz Fri May 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Yes, that's what I meant. Thanks Zeb.
Blitz
Blitz

Back to top Go down

Post by zeb k Fri May 27, 2011 2:13 pm

no problem. but arena is like pretty freakin' old so it has really bad graphics and stuff(when it came out it was amazing though hehe) daggerfall i've never played but it has better graphics and gameplay but you still need something like dosbox to run it(arena needs dosbox).
EDIT: morrowind would be better then oblivion except oblivion ids newer so it has better graphics and fighting and stuff
zeb k
zeb k

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:40 am

Well 1) I am really glad to find someone as obsessed with The Elder Scrolls as me Very Happy

But also, I feel like we should mention the best part of the game! You can literally become anyone you ever dreamed of. You can be an assassin, a thief, a priest, a champion gladiator, a god, a revolutionary, and many many others. While some (assassin, thief, gladiator, god, etc) are apart of the games "factions." There are endless possibilities for who your character can be, the limiting factor is you.

The game has factions where you can play as a one of four choices- Mage, Fighter, Thief, and Assassin. Even if your player is not very skilled in an obvious requirement (such sneak approach as a thief), you can still join the faction from the bottom and work your way up through different quests and get some pretty sweet rewards.

Anyway, this game is the best *released* I think that Skyrim (the next Elder Scroll game) will utterly decimate anything else.

foxrock66(Roadkill) wrote:I spent over 150 hours on that sucker.

Ha! I spent 300 hours (Last summer all I did was Oblivion, sleep, eat, and occasionally see my girlfriend xD)
Parker
Parker

Number of posts : 1317
Xfire? : srg1parker
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:40 am

Parker wrote:Ha! I spent 300 hours (Last summer all I did was Oblivion, sleep, eat, and occasionally see my girlfriend xD)
someone has no life.
Denjie
Denjie

Number of posts : 4677
Xfire? : denjie
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:46 am

Yeah I know... I spent too much time with my girlfriendThese Games are Awsome! 579507
Parker
Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by frang Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:30 am

lulz!! I see your perspective on things is entirely in order...
frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Ahh. The classic joke on the ex girlfriend xD
Parker
Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum