The Clone Commando Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain America: Super Soldier

2 posters

Go down

Captain America: Super Soldier Empty Captain America: Super Soldier

Post by Denjie Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:37 pm

Ok, so we all know by now that no game ever really follows a movie they're made after. Cap' is no different, for those of you who've seen the movie (spoiler), after he's formed his team you see clips of different missions. That part is where this game is centered.

The first quarter is pretty much an intro to how ya use Cap', and one thing that dearly pleased me was that you can actually use his shield the way it's suppose to be used. I've played through the game 3 times now (on the forth) and it never gets tiring. There are so many sweet things you can do with him and his shield (Fox, don't even start... ).

After the first 2 chapters, you've pretty much got a good idea of what Cap's capable of. It's then that the story get's interesting. The game isn't different missions that you hope around on, it's really one long story that seamlessly puts you through 14 chapters I think? Even after playing it as much as I have I really can't tell, because there is no loading screen between chapters, it's just ends one and starts the next while you're moving making it feel like one long adventure. Personally, I like that a lot.

The game is kinda platform meets RPG set in the Action/Adventure genre. It has the acrobatics of AC (no free roam though Sad although you are able to roam around the german city after you beat the game). So there can be a lot of climbing, swinging, and jumping going on at times. Depending on the area, you're under a time limit for your actions. The game also uses the combat engine/system of Batman: Arkham Asylum. For those of you who never played that game, you can pretty much use the combat buttons so that when you're dealing with an enemy in front of you and another one is coming up behind you, you can take that guy out too. It's pretty fun.

The shield is epic in this game, they really did it credit when it came to how you can use it. Knocking down several enemies with it, or cutting anchor points for something. There's a special move where you can use the shield while running forward and smash larger enemies to the ground and then take them out with another special move. Another very cool thing about the combat, is that even if your shield is in flight your still able to fight your enemies around you. And if you time it right, you can be battling the bad guys, catch your shield and then instantly use it against someone.

The game also has a bunch of mini games to play. The game itself on medium took me about 6-8 hrs to beat. Same thing with hard. Hard isn't really that difficult except for more bad guys, so you just need to have better coordination with your combat moves and shield usage.

I give it an 8/10. A bit short for my taste, but definitely worth a buy. I hope they come out with a sequel to it of the same kinda quality. It would be awesome and I would definitely buy it.

Hope you enjoyed.

Last edited by Den on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Denjie
Denjie

Number of posts : 4677
Xfire? : denjie
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Captain America: Super Soldier Empty Re: Captain America: Super Soldier

Post by zeb k Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:45 pm

Great review Den! I never saw the Captain America movie. Maybe sometime I'll get around to watching it. Anyway thanks for the review and good job! Very Happy
zeb k
zeb k

Number of posts : 644
Xfire? : zsking
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum