Unbinding and Purchasing Variants

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Unbinding and Purchasing Variants

Post by Deviss on Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:45 pm

After making my second character/profile and getting more and more attached to it I've been wanting to transfer as much as possible from my initial profile to my new one. The only problem with doing that is the amount of crowns it costs; I think when I last looked it cost some 600 CE for a three-star item. That is nowhere near my price range. Would anybody be able to assist in this?

Something else I've gotten interested in is purchasing variants, rather than crafting item after item after item, with no guarantee of getting a UV. Unfortunately that's almost as expensive as Unbinding.

Is there any way for a casual SK player to get copious amounts of crowns quickly?

CCP has been alive for 3675 days.
{CCP-ZS}Mesh: I love how Dev just, like, has an "aura of death".
{CCP}LaVolpe{Rabid}: 24 is a better television show than you
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 6965
Xfire? : thefallen92
Registration date : 2009-02-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Unbinding and Purchasing Variants

Post by Nawhal on Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Before I list my suggestions. Punch is a HUGE troll. It took my friend Kyoshiro-Xz about 1.3 million crowns to acquire his Triple-Max UV Skolver Coat. (Shadow-Maximum!, Elemental-Maximum!, and Piercing-Maximum!) As well, it took me 80k crowns to get a good roll. I ended up getting a Shadow High wolver cap, which I ended up selling because I already had made a Snarbolax cap and felt like it would be a waste. Most of the time though, you'll get low uv's. Another experience I had was that I spent 120k cr (6 rolls) and my best UV was a shock low. So I wouldn't recommend it, but if you like the motto of 'Go big or go home,' Punch is the guy for you.

1. Lockdown. If you're a good lockdown player, you can make tons of cash of this. As well as the benefit of a guaranteed Krogmo Coin, there are also chances for bombheads and increased amount of Krogmo coins. They can be used to purchase Enamorocks and Mod Calibrators which sell quite handsomely on the Auction House.

2. Acquiring boss recipes from Basil. Doing T3 and T2 recipe runs can really turn out to profit you. Prices for a Kilowatt Pulsar (3*) were once about 20k on the market while you can buy them in the clockworks for only 4,000. 5* Recipes can go from anywhere to 27k-ish to 40k cr. Overall can be a good profit.

3. Running arenas and clockworks. Kind of goes hand in hand with Basil. If you have time this can increase your profit in the clockworks by a lot. Also, don't be fooled by Treasure Vaults. They may sound good, but Graveyards make a lot more than Treasure Vaults. Only down side of Graveyards is the stupid Grand Faust spirits. Everything else is a breeze because they are slow moving and easily dodge-able .

4. FSC. If you can't, just ask someone who has access to invite you. They may be asking for a fee, but if you go all the way you'll make close to 8k. Thats a decent profit. Make sure to bring Fire-resist gear. That tends to kill you more than any of the creatures.
Nawhal

Number of posts : 246
Xfire? : thewin23
Registration date : 2011-06-22

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000910487278

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss on Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:25 pm

Hm, I see. Well Punch and Vise weren't "ZOMG! Must do now!", only a "Hey, that looks interesting." Thanks a lot for the input 'Whal.

When my Mist recharges (stupid kriffing Devilites!) we'll have to get options one, two, or three going sometime soon. Because with the way I am, I'll need plenty of crowns Razz

Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axonnox on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:08 pm

I agree with Whal on most of these, another thing you can do is farm Roarmulus Twins, all the way to the boss, then use the tokens to buy pulsars. The pulsars can be sold for *20k+*, with only a 200 energy unbind cost.

Now, seeing as you say you don't play much, or only casually, always, always, ALWAYS, use your 100 mist on days you can't play. If it's possible, on days you can't play, pop in for a few minutes, craft 2 two star items, then post them on the auction house. This also works well for ragecrafting, in one week 14 different items can be crafted (provided the mats and alchemy fees).

The unbinding can also use mist, that saves you a good 9k or so. So if you do stick to selling pulsars (which in my opinion is one of the best alternative options to doing FSC), a good 11k-16k profit can be made, depending on your auction house luck. And noooo buying Dark Thorn Shield recipes...they sound good, as boss recipes, but sell HORRIBLY. I ended up selling one for only 8k, and that was after 2 failed listings on the AH.

This guide could also help: http://forums.spiralknights.com/en/node/56650#comment-401487
Axonnox

Number of posts : 79
Xfire? : N/A
Registration date : 2012-08-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:25 pm

Well at the moment the only Boss I'm close to getting to is the Jelly King but the Pulsar was a gun I'd looked at trying to eventually get.

Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nawhal on Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:52 pm

Deviss wrote:Well at the moment the only Boss I'm close to getting to is the Jelly King but the Pulsar was a gun I'd looked at trying to eventually get.

They nerfed the Jelly King terribly so now you only get about 2.3k crowns compared to the 3-3.1k you had in the past. Also, Pulsar works wonders for Lockdown if you turn it into Trollaris.
Nawhal

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss on Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:15 pm

So would either of you be able to help me raise enough crowns to get 600 CE? I've got a pretty good Owlite on my other account and, if it's in any way possible, I'd really like to unbind it and transfer it to my newer/current one.

Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Axonnox on Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:09 am

Umm....600 ce is quite a big chunk, and most shield uvs are pretty useless anyways...
Axonnox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:00 am

Yeah I thought about that afterwards; that much CE would be 6 three-star items or one four-star and two three-stars instead. Which, in the long run, would be more beneficial I guess.

Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nawhal on Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:04 pm

I gotta make my BTS first. And I'm also crafting my Penta-Heart Pendants.
Nawhal

Back to top Go down

Post by Axonnox on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:14 pm

I'm working on tons of stuff right now, Omega shell, radiant pulsar, and Voltedge, not to mention Deadly Virulisk and an ash tail set. I also have to stockpile a little ce to craft snarby set. Sorry, but I think I may have to make 1 million crs or so before I can help Shocked
Axonnox

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nawhal on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:44 pm

Yeah I also have to make my Divine Veil and am going to make a Mercurial set and I'll finish off my acheron, biohazard, and sentenza so thats at least 1800 CE for the SL key plus the 4800 CE in crafting costs
Nawhal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top