The Clone Commando Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Nintendo 3DS

4 posters

Go down

The Nintendo 3DS Empty The Nintendo 3DS

Post by Rinku Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:12 pm

So recently, because I actually like Nintendo and some of the things they make, I pre-ordered and got a 3DS. Its like a standard DS or DSi but it has a few key differences. One, it has two outward facing cameras allowing you to take 3D pictures. It has an inward camera, which seems to have superior quality compared to the ones on the outside. Two, it has 3D. Yes this may sound like a lame gimmick and that it doesn't work like it should, but it does. It really does. It blew me away how something could actually be displayed in 3D without glasses. It's really of of those things that you have to see to believe. It also comes with some entertaining mini-games all ready on it. One is face raiders. You take a picture of someones face and it puts it on to enemies that you shoot down. Another is AR (Augmented Reality) Cards. They are basically cards that you put down on the table, then use the camera to identify them and play mini-games accordingly. You can make Miis with the 3DS and there is also something interesting called the Street Pass. It allows you to automatically collect other peoples information about their Miis, games, and other things when you walk/drive by something.

The only games I got when I bought it was Lego Star Wars III, Super Street Fighter IV, and the Sims 3. There are more games that were launched with the system but I only got those.

My personal opinion on the 3DS ranks quite high. Its not really the 3D feature that is attractive though. To be honest, the 3D drains your battery intensely fast and if you look it for too long you get a headache. Its still cool though. There is going to be an update in April that adds a marketplace for classic games and other programs such as Netflix and Flipnotes. Not to mention the vast array of games that will come out for it. Obviously not everyone will ever consider getting one, because it's not your style or you just would rather have a PSP. I'm happy with the choice I made in getting it and I can't hope to see what further potential this hand-held system will have.

I would recommend this to others that are interested and I think that it is worth the money I spent.
Rinku
Rinku

Number of posts : 1164
Xfire? : rinku4
Registration date : 2010-04-18

Back to top Go down

The Nintendo 3DS Empty Re: The Nintendo 3DS

Post by Jadeon Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:02 pm

never really liked nintendos portables, ived always had a psp and frankly i like it better.
Jadeon
Jadeon

Number of posts : 102
Xfire? : mrrusty316
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by zeb k Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:55 am

Jadeon! You're alive! I haven't seen you on for a while. Anyway on topic I like the Nintendo DS series. It's the only gaming thing I like besides the PC.
ived always had a psp and frankly i like it better.
Hmmm.... I never really liked the psp. I've only played one a couple times though so I don't know what I'm talking about. I have a DSI and my sister has a DS(which she never uses but I do) and I like them. Zelda The Phantom Hourglass is the best DS game there is though. And Zelda Spirit Tracks is good but not as good.
zeb k
zeb k

Number of posts : 644
Xfire? : zsking
Registration date : 2011-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by frang Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:37 am

Gonna have to stop into Wal-Mart and check out the Nintendo DS. I imagine they've got one bolted down for customers to try out. Good thing I have all those tear gas grenades, have to set a couple off to drive the little kids away, otherwise I'll never get a look at it. Smile Thanks for the info, man!
frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 2430
Xfire? : frangible
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down