The Clone Commando Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leaver Penalties

4 posters

Go down

Leaver Penalties Empty Leaver Penalties

Post by Angelus Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:28 pm

This is what i hate most about this game. I am now banned from playing for 3 days on my secondary account cause god forbid my dad told me he needed my help with something and i idled. This is the worst rule ever on a video game. I understand the premise but there are only two reasons why i leave.

1) because we are losing badly and nobody will surrender or

2) because my dad needs me or my gf calls me.

Excuse me for having a real life and sometimes needing to talk to my gf or help my dad with something. And also, if im leaving because some idiots wont surrender when we are getting raped, then that isn't ruining their gaming experience, its ruining mine, therefore i leave. I just felt like venting about how ridiculous this rule is and how pissed i am that they keep deciding to ban me. I don't doubt its happened to some of you guys as well.
Angelus
Angelus

Number of posts : 691
Xfire? : caarkantossgt
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Leaver Penalties Empty Re: Leaver Penalties

Post by Eddehq12 Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:08 pm

I don't report people who have to leave for legit reasons. But when they just leave and are raging because you can't win, then you deserved to be banned.

Don't play if your not willing to commit the time, Their a thing called coop-vs ai for a reason. <3

Eddehq12

Number of posts : 48
Xfire? : darkzone185
Registration date : 2012-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:20 pm

its not that im not willing to commit the time, its that [Say hello!] comes up halfway through and i cant just say "no dad im playing a game" and i dont wanna play a game that is just an hour of the other team farming champ kills because some idiot or two wont surrender despite the fact we are getting raped. just saying
Angelus
Angelus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddehq12 Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Angelus wrote:its not that im not willing to commit the time, its that [Say hello!] comes up halfway through and i cant just say "no dad im playing a game" and i dont wanna play a game that is just an hour of the other team farming champ kills because some idiot or two wont surrender despite the fact we are getting raped. just saying

Yeah I know, just play with friends and you wont have this problem Razz

Eddehq12

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:02 pm

well i never have enough people on lolz and most of the time they are all already in games, then there's you who always says no Razz
Angelus
Angelus

Back to top Go down

Post by ManEatingWaffle Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:59 pm

I think that leaver penalties should be up to the tribunal as well as everything else, and leavers should be given a comment box telling why they left.
ManEatingWaffle
ManEatingWaffle

Number of posts : 662
Xfire? : bernieterminator
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by frang Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm not so harsh about this, since people bugging out in the middle of a game is an old, old, old tradition in mp gaming. I did say it was old?

Like earlier this evening, I was playing with a tight bunch in TF2 co-op. We were having a terrible time beating the bots in the old mining town. It was heart-breaking, we had gotten up to level 8/8 and we just couldn't bring it home! Five tries, and then the game ended because two of the people on the team had to leave. We all wished them a great evening and left the game. No bitching, no moaning, just: "Too bad, we'll cya later." That's the way it should be, IMHO.
frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 2430
Xfire? : frangible
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelus Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:20 pm

i agree Frang and MEW you and have talked about this before and you know i agree with ya on the explanation box. We should start a petition
Angelus
Angelus

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddehq12 Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:00 pm

The difference between this and tf though is league is ALOT more team reliant and just being one man down just wasted at least 20 minutes of a persons time.

Eddehq12

Back to top Go down

Post by frang Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:17 pm

lol, Edde, it's the same for TF2 co-op. It's a brand new addition to TF2, and on the more difficult maps, one guy down means the game is over. In some matches, we wait for a while (if no one hits F4 to indicate readiness, the match won't start) and hope someone joins. But I get your point. I don't think Angel wants to overthrow the rules of LoL, just make the penalty process more congenial to Real Life(tm). Because aforesaid Real Life(tm) bites everyone in the arse. Smile
frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 2430
Xfire? : frangible
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddehq12 Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:49 pm

frang wrote:lol, Edde, it's the same for TF2 co-op. It's a brand new addition to TF2, and on the more difficult maps, one guy down means the game is over. In some matches, we wait for a while (if no one hits F4 to indicate readiness, the match won't start) and hope someone joins. But I get your point. I don't think Angel wants to overthrow the rules of LoL, just make the penalty process more congenial to Real Life(tm). Because aforesaid Real Life(tm) bites everyone in the arse. Smile

Oh, I see. I haven't played Tf2 in some time and didn't know about the new co-op mode. But yeah I get what Angelus is saying, I just personally believe the system more ragers then people who leave because they have something to do.

Just to give an example, today I was playing with an Udyr who had to leave for work and askes us kindly not to report him. So as a team we talked it out and thought it was best to surrender before he had to leave. Or if your team does refuse to surrender then kindly tell them that you are needed somewhere else and ask them to not report them. Whenever someone says something like that(they often do) I understand and oblige to their request!

(P.S) Not trying to be argumentative but this is just a topic I believe strongly in!

Eddehq12

Back to top Go down

Post by ManEatingWaffle Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:54 pm

Why not have a seperate queue in league for players who will join mid match, they join as the leavers character with the same items and exp. Very Happy
ManEatingWaffle
ManEatingWaffle

Number of posts : 662
Xfire? : bernieterminator
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum