The Clone Commando Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCP - Containment Breach

3 posters

Go down

SCP - Containment Breach Empty SCP - Containment Breach

Post by Luna Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:27 pm

SCP - Containment Breach is a horror survival game based off of the SCP universe. It focuses mainly around SCP-173, with the occasional appearance of others. The game is still in alpha (current version is 0.2 I believe) so as of yet, there is no way to escape the facility. The fact that it is in alpha does not make it any less scary, as it has forced me to quit multiple times. I would say this game easily rivals Amnesia: The Dark Decent, which I have played through almost to the end(got stuck at the end).

The game starts out with you and 2 others, as class D personnel. You are just outside of SCP-173's chamber, and are soon instructed to enter through the open doors. Once inside, the doors close, and you are told to approach 173, which is standing in a corner, for testing, keeping eye contact with it. The doors soon reopen, and you are told to keep eye contact with 173, as the doors are malfunctioning. Shortly after, the power goes out and lights start to flicker. With the first flicker, 173 moves to, and kills one of the other class D. On the second flicker, it kills the next. If you manage to survive your first blink while threatened by 173, the lights will go out for a bit longer, and 173 will attack the guard positioned outside its cell, the guard firing his assault rifle into it to no effect. The lights make one last flicker and when you can see next, you are still in the same spot you were before, only it is extremely dark. This is where the game truly begins. A siren is heard going off, and a voice announces that they are experiencing multiple keter and euclid class breaches. Your goal at this point is to escape the facility.
Bit of gameplay here

Now, since escape is currently impossible, I have made the goal for myself to find SCP-914, and see what I can make with it. That, or try to lure 173 into it and see what happens. The game's multiple rooms are randomly placed, so its different every time you play. From my knowledge, the game currently has SCP's 173, 106, 914, and 895. There is a cell for another SCP, but I am not aware of any way of opening it.

And now, for things that you probably don't know, but should know.

Security Clearance Levels - Has the info pretaining class D personnel

SCP object classes - Has the 3 'danger' levels for classifying an SCP. Safe, Euclid, and Keter.

SCP's:

106 - The Old Man

173 - The Sculpture

895 - Camera Disruption

914 - The Clockworks

And I believe that's about it. Very much like the game. Incredibly scary, though, not so much if just watched in my opinion.
Luna
Luna

Number of posts : 231
Xfire? : pyro1162
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

SCP - Containment Breach Empty Re: SCP - Containment Breach

Post by Luna Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:11 pm

In case anyone already looked at this, forgot to put the video in. Still uploading to Youtube, but the link is in there at the end of the second paragraph. It says about 61 minuets remain. I also want to use Youtube to make it more game like, since Fraps likes to record my games really dark like.
Luna
Luna

Number of posts : 231
Xfire? : pyro1162
Registration date : 2010-05-16

Back to top Go down

Post by frang Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:26 am

Looks like fun. I've kinda slagged out on horror-survival games the last few years (Does L4D1/2 count? It plays more like a shooter.). Alphas are always buggy. I might wait and join in if they have an open beta.
frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 2430
Xfire? : frangible
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sev™ Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:59 am

Yeah, once i found out that it isnt finished so you cant escape, i kinda stopped playing. Razz
Sev™
Sev™

Number of posts : 3359
Xfire? : sev1107
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum