The Clone Commando Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises"

+5
Rinku
Denjie
zeb k
frang
Deviss
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" - Page 2 Empty Re: Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises"

Post by Denjie Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:02 pm

meh, if ya see it as stupid it's your own damn fault brother.

I figure i'll just let ya'll tell me about it. Laughing Razz Razz
Denjie
Denjie

Number of posts : 4677
Xfire? : denjie
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" - Page 2 Empty Re: Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises"

Post by Churminess Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:34 am

I'm yet to see it, but I won't let this one slip past me Dev!

If you guys put any spoilers in the spoiler tags that would be appreciated. I enjoy reading the rest of the discussions so I can look out for the things mentioned.
Churminess
Churminess

Number of posts : 1840
Location : you must request government clearence to access this data
Xfire? : churminess
Registration date : 2008-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:05 am

Churminess wrote:If you guys put any spoilers in the spoiler tags that would be appreciated. I enjoy reading the rest of the discussions so I can look out for the things mentioned.
Well then just to be safe, it'd be best for you Churm if you just read my initial Post; my review of The Dark Knight Rises.
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 6965
Xfire? : thefallen92
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 am

lol, or just do what I do and read through all this and then go see it if I want. Razz Razz Smile

Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:30 pm

Den wrote:lol, or just do what I do and read through all this and then go see it if I want.
You sir are no fun at all.
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:54 pm

Deviss wrote:
Den wrote:lol, or just do what I do and read through all this and then go see it if I want.
You sir are no fun at all.
I know, infuriating isn't it? Razz Razz
Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:30 pm

Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" - Page 2 3q7of1
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Churminess Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:05 pm

Deviss wrote:Well then just to be safe, it'd be best for you Churm if you just read my initial Post; my review of The Dark Knight Rises.
I guess I would rather stay on the safe side. Consider this my farewell from this thread until further notice!
Churminess
Churminess

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Deviss wrote:Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises" - Page 2 3q7of1
Well that's always a good thing.
Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Churminess wrote:I guess I would rather stay on the safe side. Consider this my farewell from this thread until further notice!
Good man. Please come back and let us know what your thoughts on the Film, and everything else about it, are!
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:00 pm

So what's the story Churm? Have you seen it yet?
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Churminess Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:23 pm

Yup, just got back from seeing it. It was pretty great, not quite up to The Dark Knight however. I did like that Bane actually had Batman beat (for a while at least) it wasn't some two hour long depiction of just how awesome The Batman is (not that I had come to expect that from the trilogy, It's just a nice relief from typical Hollywood syndrome).

Easily worth a second watch, and that's a good thing seeing as I'll be seeing it again with the family quite soon.
Churminess
Churminess

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Churminess wrote:, not quite up to The Dark Knight however.
Well c'mon, no one predicted The Dark Knight's success back before it hit theaters. And it went ahead and shattered the expectation/misconception that sequels are worse than the originals.

The Dark Knight Rises did the same thing, only for "threequels", in my opinion.

Churminess wrote:I did like that Bane actually had Batman beat (for a while at least) it wasn't some two hour long depiction of just how awesome The Batman is (not that I had come to expect that from the trilogy, It's just a nice relief from typical Hollywood syndrome).
How about that first fight between them? Like I wrote in the review, that was the moment that had me practically shaking my seat. And the level of expression Hardy gave with just his eyes... Amazing.

Churminess wrote:Easily worth a second watch, and that's a good thing seeing as I'll be seeing it again with the family quite soon.
Easily worth more than just a second watch Razz But that's just me, haha.
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Churminess Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:34 pm

Deviss wrote:Well c'mon, no one predicted The Dark Knight's success back before it hit theaters. And it went ahead and shattered the expectation/misconception that sequels are worse than the originals.

The Dark Knight Rises did the same thing, only for "threequels", in my opinion.
It certainly did, and I would have been very surprised if they continued the trend. Though I don't think TDKR exceeded The Dark Knight, I'd still rate it right up there with some of the best.

Deviss wrote:How about that first fight between them? Like I wrote in the review, that was the moment that had me practically shaking my seat. And the level of expression Hardy gave with just his eyes... Amazing.
I already can't quite remember that scene, but I'll try to remember to comment on it after my second viewing. He certainly does have beautifully expressive eyes which he made fit the role perfectly. I was very impressed at how many moods and emotions he showed through just his eyes.
Churminess
Churminess

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:24 am

So I bought the movie at my local video yesterday for $2.50 Very Happy Anywho, watched it yesterday and I gotta say it is AWESOME!

Dev, you were sooo right!
Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:25 am

Denjie wrote:watched it yesterday and I gotta say it is AWESOME!

Dev, you were sooo right!
Didn't I tell you? Ha ha, what'd you think of that first fight between Bruce and Bane?
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:41 pm

The first fight was really good. I gotta say I wasn't expecting such intense emotion to come form it all. Had me on the edge of my seat towards the end of the scene. Bane made everything seem like it was nothing.

I honestly can't decide who is worse now, Joker or Bane. And as a side note, Anne Hathaway actually did a pretty good job of being catwoman. It was refreshing to see a catwoman not trying to advocate herself.

Spoiler:
Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2