The Clone Commando Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clan-Written Fan-Fiction - The First Story

+11
Hawk
Sev™
Vandal
Rinku
Denjie
Cuyir
frang
foxrock66(Roadkill)
Jack
Deviss
Parker
15 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Clan-Written Fan-Fiction - The First Story - Page 9 Empty Re: Clan-Written Fan-Fiction - The First Story

Post by Parker Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:21 pm

I'm really confused about your story and mine, Deviss, because I don't really see how they line up... Was this after my section?

Sorry, I'm not trying to be difficult or rude. I just don't get it.
Parker
Parker

Number of posts : 1317
Xfire? : srg1parker
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Clan-Written Fan-Fiction - The First Story - Page 9 Empty Re: Clan-Written Fan-Fiction - The First Story

Post by Deviss Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:15 pm

Oh sure, no worries. The way I wrote it out, mine is a few minutes before yours. I had some things that I wanted to put in that wouldn't have worked otherwise. Basically, from the point when you "wake up", everything is running concurrently.
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 6965
Xfire? : thefallen92
Registration date : 2009-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:23 pm

Deviss came planetside after Parker. Evidently "command" thought we had been K.I.A. and sent Dev here to confirm yay or nay on that. Either way he's suppose to nail the CIA Base. He's found out you and I are the only ones that are left (meaning not in CIS hands or dead). So he's trying to figure out what to do from this point forward to complete the mission and get us outta here.

He's basically trying somewhat to be a part of the team now even though he's an ARC. His primary objective is to get that CIA base. His secondary is to do that AND get the three of us plus himself off this rock in one piece.

Did I get all that right? Btw, my turn next. I might not be able to post it till tomorrow since this might be lengthy. Don't know yet.
Denjie
Denjie

Number of posts : 4677
Xfire? : denjie
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:10 pm

Denjie wrote:Did I get all that right?
You are correct sir.
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:01 pm

*It seemed that the ARC was talking to someone, who it was I didn't know. But he walked about to us and said that there was a droid force coming towards us. Parker and I asked how big it was and how long. Then I spoke up about who the person he was talking to was. He spoke up* "At least one-hundred. Twenty minutes at best. My clone advisor." *He turned back to us* "I've only been on-planet for a few days but I've been able to find a couple good locations to hide out in, use as a staging area, or even hide out in. But you two have been here for months. You know the land far better than I could. Chime's given me a feasible location, but what do you two think?"

*I moved towards him taking off my holo-map tripod from my gauntlet* There's only a select few places I know of in this area that provide cover for hiding or a staging area. There are two places though, that are good enough to hide out in AND be a staging area. Here I'll show you. *The holomap comes up and I point in town* There's a place in the town itself that can be used to our benefit. No on goes there, as it is abandoned and falling apart. What they don't know, is that there is a section in the far back which can be shored up using the existing debris surrounding the area. There's already an access point in the back leading into a far back ally that we can setup to be our entrance.

*I paused to look at 87* These weapons and Armor isn't all that's left of what we have. I have my field pack with me right now. But I have both Parker and my own packs in that building. Covered so that no one would ever be able to find it except for me. I still have all the equipment I brought with me. I don't know about my brother here. So we still have a chance to put together a pretty big punch into those wets and tinies.

By the way, did your Advisor tell you if there WERE any wets with the tinies? That could make things a bit more difficult.

*I turned back to the map*
The only other place I know of is even further from town. *I zoom out to include the nearby mountains and then zoom in on the base of the nearest one* That area is a well covered hollow/cave there. With a natural path that leads up the mountain to higher observation points. The problem is, is that if the CIA base is indeed there in that town, going to the mountain will make our objective that much further from us and that much harder to complete.

*I paused again and look from 87 to Parker*
Before I go any further. *I turn to Parker* You got anything to add to this? You've been in that town and the outlying area more than me. Are there any better places?

*I turn back to 87*
While he's bringing up his intel, what do you have?
Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:02 pm

I sigh and think for a second before I respond.

"I am very sure that the base we should hit first, to retrieve Cuyir, is in the city somewhere. However, we need to be practical about the mission requirements and right now that is to survive. We have a better chance at survival, and without blowing our cover with the locals, if we use the mountain range. We can then bottleneck the droids into a smaller area, we know where the will come from, and have a better vantage point. The only problem is that my pack is in the city, and since I am currently in my civilian getup, I won't be much help. Currently, I can only lend a sidearm, knife, and damaged under armor. "

I pause before suggesting my overall plan.

"Why don't you two go to the mountain range and prepare for the attack. I will head over to where Denjie and My packs are and retrieve them. If I get away unnoticed then I can tear through their ranks from the rear, but if I am caught then they will probably just send a company or two of droids to follow me. I will then play gun and run, evading them until I get back to the mountain. I can handle myself and maybe even make it easier for you guys by splitting up the attack force. I think this would be the best option. Thoughts?"
Parker
Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuyir Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:24 pm

Go ahead and skip me again. I'm going to wait until after you guys move from your position.
Cuyir
Cuyir

Number of posts : 898
Xfire? : Screech109
Registration date : 2010-07-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:00 am

Despite my trying against it, the situation has my nerves dancing. Thankfully, my ARC trooper helmet keeps everything contained behind a shield of battle-worn plastoid. Taking in what both commandos have said, my brain runs through the possibilities; which one's won't work, the ones that could, and the ones that will. "Whichever we choose, we can't stay here. Grab whatever you have. We leave in five."

As I pace towards the nearby cliff-side, my hands instinctively move towards my still-holstered hand blasters. I've used rifles in the past, my favorite being the WESTAR-M5 I have strapped across my back, but these pistols have been my saving grace time in, time out. They're the one piece of my kit I won't let anyone fiddle with. 'You've still got my back brother...'

"So what's your name?" I hear suddenly from behind. Whirling around, I see Eight-Seven, referred to as "Parker", standing there watching me. Coming out of my brief delusion, I reply, "Five-Two." Before I even finish, I see Eight-Seven's helmeted head shaking back and forth. "No, no, not your designation. Your name." 'What could he mean? Some of the clones I've fought with had "names". But I've only had my number. That's all I've been called by. Wait...' After a few moments of thinking, I reply, "Cabra."

"Is that Mando?" I hear Three-Eight ask, walking up next to Parker. Crossing my arms, I answer "That's not important right now. What is important is that we relocate. Those droids could be bearing down on us right now. Let's move."
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:27 am

I Put my hand on Parkers shoulder* Relax brother, it's not important right now. He's right, we need to relocate. *I motion with my head towards the town* You go in and grab our gear Parker, 52 and I will decide where we're going from here. You just get in and get out in one piece. *Even as Parker turns to face me I know he's slightly annoyed. No one in our shoes would want un answered questions. It's just the way it is right now. Parker nods at me, takes one last look at 52 and then starts working his way towards town*

*I turn back to 52*
Even if you don't think it or believe it, I DO know what it means to have no name. I was an ARC once too, they made me an RC for this mission. Why, I don't know. Parker doesn't think like us, he doesn't think loner. He thinks like a commando, which means team. I'm not to thrilled to be working on a team either, I prefer loner work just like you. But this is what's been handed to me.

I'm just suggesting a little easing up on the loner mentality.

*I turn towards the mountains* We can hit there first, but at some point we HAVE to get back into town. I personally think we should hit a different location than those mountains.

*I turn back to him*
Let's start moving towards those mountain, we can backtrack at any time. If we get separated and get comm each other. Get the base.

*I catch my pack and start out*

Last edited by Denjie on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuyir Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:26 am

The group of eight silently traveled through a valley that lay between the two mountains. Their cloaks flapping behind them was the only noise that could be heard. They had left the speeders a short distance from the mountain, choosing instead to finish the journey on foot. They all knew the terrain well enough, as they had studied it thoroughly on the way up. It didn't take long for hem to reach a large cliff that gave a clear view of the rocky area below.

Without wasting any time, the group took up positions along the edge of the cliff, each hidden by a small groups of rocks. They did so without order, because hey didn't need to wait for the order to be given.

"They're moving sooner then I thought they would." said B. He was the planner, the tactician.

"They are 'elites'. It makes sense that they would find out about the droid advance before-hand." Came A's reply. He was, of course, the Captain of the group. He chose to not entirely plan ahead, instead going by gut instinct.

They could clearly see the Clones position from the mountain-side. On the other hand, it would be very difficult for anyone to see them, due to the rocks they were hiding behind.

"They're coming this way. You'd think they would head towards town." It was B this time.

"Why? It would be harder to blend in if they went to the town. The people are on our side. Any sighting of a Clone would result in chaos. Add to that, there's a large droid presence in the town. If they did get caught, every single droid would be on them in seconds. Even they can't survive that." the Captain said. While he mostly thought with instinct, he did tend to have more logic then the others. He would be a bad Captain if he didn't. "At any rate, we wait here. Gee!" he called. Gee immediately came over. "You're the fastest runner, go back and report to Bell." Gee nodded, and ran back down the hill. It was in the opposite direction as the Clones, so he didn't have to worry about running into them. They couldn't use a comlink, for fear that the Clones would detect the signal.

"You all know the plan if they catch us. Let's get to work."
Cuyir
Cuyir

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:40 pm

I'm a little confused on something Den.
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:32 pm

Ok, what'd I do his time?
Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Deviss wrote:"So what's your name?" I hear suddenly from behind. Whirling around, I see Eight-Seven, referred to as "Parker", standing there watching me. Coming out of my brief delusion, I reply, "Five-Two." Before I even finish, I see Eight-Seven's helmeted head shaking back and forth. "No, no, not your designation. Your name." 'What could he mean? Some of the clones I've fought with had "names". But I've only had my number. That's all I've been called by. Wait...' After a few moments of thinking, I reply, "Cabra."

"Is that Mando?" I hear Three-Eight ask, walking up next to Parker. Crossing my arms, I answer "That's not important right now. What is important is that we relocate. Those droids could be bearing down on us right now. Let's move."
^That...

Denjie wrote:[i]*I watch 52's reaction, knowing full well that he probably DIDN'T have a name. I Put my hand on Parkers shoulder*
...and this don't really match up.
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:22 pm

*facepalm* crap... my bad. I'll go edit that right now.
Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:54 pm

I look at 52 one last time to see if I can catch anything more about his personality, but his face is blocked behind the ARC helmet.

I make sure my sidearm is holstered, my knife is sheathed, my broken armor is on straight, and then I start on a brisk run to the city. I have a ways to go so I have time to think about what is happening.

Right now, my main mission is to take out the CIS base on this planet. The Republic think a team of half-a-dozen hardened commandos failed, so they send in one ARC. I think I need to reevaluate the capabilities of this ARC... His armor gave me no strong sense of position, however I have heard rumors that some ARCS don't even wear insignias, for fear of giving away a precious secret of their capabilities... Either way, he can certainly give Denjie and I are run for our money. But will he work well with a team? I know that Denjie can do it, but he certainly doesn't like. I suppose that is why Den and I work so well together. He has adapted to working into two-man teams and I have evolved into letting us be more independent minded. Although, I still don't like either one of us clearing an area alone... Even if he is the best. I shake my head as I run, letting that thought go. I can't start to think like that. Our team is the best the Republic has ever seen and no clankers can stop that.

I then think of the next step in our mission, saving Cuyir. If we didn't have so many missing in action, and he wasn't such a dumb trooper-clone, then. . . Ugh, Parker. That is out of line. Cuyir has saved your butt more than once, and you know it... I just worry about him. If only I could find out where he was! Then we could hit the other base as well, which (something tells me) is actually the base we need to destory. It just makes sense that this is the commando center for some kind of special operations, and the fort is really a front to mask it up. Either way, I think that we need Cuyir to take out the base, but we need to take out the base to get Cuyir. With clone assassins around, my team needs to be perfect. So we need to take out the assigned base and the one not assigned. What better way to be perfect than have a 200% success rate?

Speaking of the assassins, how can Frang be dead? He was the toughest bag of bolts I know. And it seemed like he had a jedi with him... those things are good for something, right? I think that the assassin I met was part of a team. That would make sense. One in the alley to talk to me and another to be on the roof, ready to back his friend up. Something tells me that he would have been a lot less calm without his partner with a large gun on me... Probably the same gun that killed my contact in the briefcase bust. A shiver goes down my spine as I remember that I saw him calmly reach up and brush his ear after I shot him in the alley... I know that I was taught how to do the same motion to my sniper during a raid. It meant for the marksman to hold. Clearly, if they had wanted me dead, than they would have killed me... Why would they tell me not to explore something that I clearly had no idea about to begin with... unless they wanted me to search for it... But why would they want me to find my dead comrade?

It was my next thought that stopped me cold in my run. How did Denjie know about Frang's death? I mentioned that the guy in the Alley killed someone, but I didn't have enough time to say it was one of our brothers. I awoke soon enough from the alley fight to hear him tell 52 that we had one M.I.A... How had he known? He couldn't have heard the conversation the assassin and I had, I wasn't awake to tell him yet... I turn around and look back up to where Denjie would be and mutter out loud, "What are you playing at, Den?"

Last edited by Parker on Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Parker
Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:40 pm

I watch for a moment as Eight-Seven sets off towards the city. For someone who was recently injured, he can move at a quicker pace than I would have assumed. 'Watch your six commando. Turning back to Three-One, who I can only assume is eying me behind his helmet, and say, "Let's get going."

We keep a steady pace up, agreeing to stop first at the spot where I had watch over the Sep Base to see whatever activity there may be, then onto a better defensible area. The trip is relatively quiet, except for the odd noise from whatever animals call this dreary rock home. We're just outside of the area, when Three-One stops me. "Hold on! I'm getting something from Parker!"

Moving into the small copse of trees surrounding my first position, located a few hundred yards from the base of the mountains, I see Three-One with a hand to the side of his helmet. He can Eight-Seven must be on a secret frequency of their own; every one I tried when first making planet-side gave me nothing. "What's going on?" I ask quickly. "Parker's made contact with the droids. He was able to get away but some of them are following. He says the main group is-"

Before Three-One can finish what he was saying, a flurry of blaster fire arcs through the foliage, in our direction. "Droids!" Three-One shouts as we duck and sprint from the copse towards the base of the mountain range, littered with boulders varying in size. "Move it commando!" I order as red blaster fire continues arcing all around us; plasma bolts slamming into the trees, just barely missing us. I pull out my twin hand blasters, take cover behind a particularly large tree, and squeeze off a half-dozen rounds. Three-One does the same with his rifle, which I only just notice is one of those DC-17's. "Looks like we'll have to head to those mountains after all!" I shout, sending another volley of blasterfire towards the advancing horde of droids.

OT: Basically, Denjie and I went to my first lookout position and the 100, or so, droids caught up/ambushed us, forcing us to the mountain base.
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Parker's made contact with the droids. He was able to get away but some of them are following. He says the main group is... *I suddenly saw a glimpse of something metal and then saw red beams coming our way* "Droids! *No sooner had I pointed with my hand then I turned around and ran for the base of the mountain*

"Move it commando!" *I heard behind me, didn't have to tell me that though. I was already moving fast, I drew one pistol and snapped off a few rounds, nailing 2-3 droids. I then ducked behind a large boulder close to five-seven. I holster my pistol quickly and brought my rifle around. I notice five-seven turn his head towards me, evidently glancing at my rifle. Yea, it's a custom.*

Ok then, let's get this party started. *I switch my rifle to single shot, turn the red dot off and swing my cross-hair scope up into place* Never know when you'll need a short range sniper *I say under my breath. I crouch and come around the opposite side of the boulder and see a group of droids* There you are *Lining them up I fire. One shot per droid. I finish with that group and scoot back around to where five-seven is a fire two to three rounds taking out some droids*

Need a hand? *I called to him*

*The one thing I wasn't prepped for in this was my attitude. The more I fired and fought, the more my ARC training was coming back. I wanted to just go down there and take them all out like a true ARC could. It took all my mental training to stay by five-seven and keep firing*
Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuyir Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 pm

"Those stupid, stupid droids!" Whispered Dee.

They were currently watching from the cliff, above the battle raging below. Due to their position, it would still be hard for anybody to notice them, but if the clones took their attention off of the droids long enough to focus on the cliff, they might notice the silhouettes. Ay watched calmly from his position, no emotion even registered in his eyes. Glancing over, he saw that Ee had a hand on the sniper strapped to his back. It was under his cloak, but Ay knew it was there.

"Easy. We don't want to draw any attention." Ay commanded, quietly.

"I don't see why. It would be much more logical to kill them now. Get them out of our hair while we can." It was Bee, once again being the thinker.

Ay turned to the right slightly, looking over at Bee's position, before looking back at the battle below. He was correct, it would be easier to kill them now. Likely, Ee wouldn't have any trouble picking them both off within five seconds. But, orders were orders, whether he liked it or not.

"No. We follow our orders to the letter." Ay said in a quiet, unemotional tone. But everyone knew that he was really saying "Question Bell too much, and you die slow and painfully."

Dee let out a groan, and said. "If only the droids hadn't chased them down. They wouldn't be forced towards our position. This is why I hate working with droids!"

Ay finally let out a smirk. "I agree. But it makes our job that much more interesting. Cee!"

"Aye Cap?" Was his response.

"You and Ee go to that mountain edge over there." Pointing at a taller mountain to the side, he continued. "Set up a sniping position. If I give the signal, start firing." He wasn't looking at Cee when he finished, he was looking at the silent Ee.

A nod was his response, while Cee just started walking away. "C'mon shooter, we got quite a hike ahead o' us."

They wouldn't be seen, as they were using a pathway towards the back of the cliff, on the other side of the mountain. It would lead right up to the mountain overlooking their current position. Ay looked back at the field of battle. Looking down, he could see the two clones firing away at the advancing droids. Off in the distance, several more were marching towards them.

"I wonder, how will they get out of this nasty situation." said Ay, with a slight smirk. He had no doubt in his mind that they would, he just wasn't going to waist his time thinking about "how".
Cuyir
Cuyir

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:55 pm

OT: Man you're not wasting any time huh Cuyir?
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:09 pm

I think he's either obsessed or hyper with this story. Maybe both...

Now to wait on Parker... or continue our little fight.
Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Deviss Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:15 pm

Well, depending on whenever I get out of this Class, I was thinking on Posting something when I get home. Which of course Parker could just Post afterwards. But it's whatevs. If he can get on The Forums in the next few minutes and Post, I can wait.
Deviss
Deviss
Veteran
Veteran

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuyir Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:24 pm

Well, I don't want to hold anybody up, so I just go ahead and start typing. XD And, that's actually very little compared to what I could have done if I had given it a bit more time. Razz
Cuyir
Cuyir

Back to top Go down

Post by Denjie Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:32 pm

Ever thought about writing a book (or two) Cuyir? You'd be great at it. Smile Wink
Denjie
Denjie

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:49 pm

It was my next thought that stopped me cold in my run. . . I turn around and look back up to where Denjie would be and mutter out loud, "What are you playing at, Den?"

It would be my sudden paranoia that saved my life. When I finish muttering I hear blaster fire behind me. I hit the dirt and spin around to see what is happening. I see the shimmering of armor on two squads of B1 battle droids ready to ambush me. There was a squad on each side of the path, ready to catch me in the crossfire as I move forward. It seems that one of the droid squad leaders' receptors had malfunctioned because he ordered the firing to early. I remain still as both squads fire at each other. I was more afraid than I have been in a long time that I would be caught and killed soon. But it seems that I wouldn't be found.

I turn around to find a different path when I see that heads appear on the rest of the platoon. My mind freezes time for a second as I count the forces I have to attack. It seems that an entire Company of droids, or 34 tinnies, have been diverted from the main force to attack me. If the ARC is correct in at least a hundred droids attacking, then I got more than a third of the droids attacking me. OF COURSE. Give Parker the extra work load. Remind me to call Denjie a selfish brat when I get out of this mess...

I whip my side arm out and in a moment identify the two officers on each side of the path in front of me. The two corporals would not see it coming. I fire off four shots, two for the head of each squad leader. It would take 2.1 seconds for the chain of command to switch to the 2iC's, far shorter than if I had been attacking wets. However, 2.1 seconds was enough time to get somewhere.

I jump up from my prone position and double time it through the firing squad. My hope is that they don't think anyone would be stupid enough to knowingly go into the trap. My 2.1 seconds was actually more like 1.7, of course. It would be just my luck that the droids were upgraded with the latest software. Suddenly I am being shot at from three sides, however I had already made it through the trap and now the shots were coming behind me. I mentally note that I only have 32 droids to go, but I need to get my armor and weapons before I can do that.

I switch my Comm to one that I know is between Denjie and me only, no one else can track it. I ignore my suspicions about Denjie and say, "Come in Alpha One, over."

I wait a beat and suspend normal military discipline of waiting for a response. "I just got ambushed by a third of the troops. I managed to get out, but my deadline just got a lot shorter. I will be late to reinforcing your line. Expect them from the rear, now!"

My goal is to get to the city, where I can find my garrison of supplies and a vantage point to pick of the droids, one by one. However, I know that the droids are regrouping now and they will be following me there. I can't get cut off again, or I will never survive the battle. I look at my radar and determine that I only have five minutes of this pace to go before hitting the outer limits of the city. Five minutes doesn't seem that long, unless your in battle. I see no other option but to continue and hope that Den's team was warned in time.
Parker
Parker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cuyir Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:02 pm

Denjie wrote:Ever thought about writing a book (or two) Cuyir? You'd be great at it. Smile Wink

I have thought about it a few times, but never really got myself to start typing. Thanks. ^.^ Though, it seems I'm not the only one who could write a book. I don't know if any of you have, but if you did I would definitely read it.
Cuyir
Cuyir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next