The Clone Commando Pod
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Splinter Cell Conviction / Assassin's Creed Series

3 posters

Go down

Splinter Cell Conviction / Assassin's Creed Series Empty Splinter Cell Conviction / Assassin's Creed Series

Post by Çassús Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:01 pm

MAde it a double review thing cuz.. im too lazy to make it 2 topics... anyway

Assassin's Creed

The series has incredibly gifted story writers and combat designers..

The stories take twists and are so linked into modern day myths and suspicions it's hard to believe its all unreal.. as in linking "the apocalypse" with something to do with the templars (no spoilers to be given here)

The combat lets you decide what YOU want to do..whether you want to climb a variety of buildings to get around to the objectives.. or to just take on all the guards head on.. youll gt the mission done either way-----however alot of missions if you stay and fight all the guards like you may be used to.. you may fail because you have to keep pace with someone or have a limited time to get through a door.

The series also has incredible graphics and makes references to past games... where you may nopt be able to solve a puzzle as easily if you havent played the past game.. as in Assassins Creed 2 has puzzles that include Assassin's Creed 1... or Brotherhood has references to Assassin's Creed 2.-----The graphics are also outstanding to see without little to no lag unless your just pushing your rig to its height.. you can easily see around 200-400 meters infront of you without it it blurring out or things sporratically popping up

If your into the Swords/Early Guns/ Stealthy games with a good story if a bit short..but can be played through easily 5 times with huge amount of collectibles or side tasks...this is a series you should check out.

Splinter Cell Conviction

This game has need to be stealthy mechanics..If you've played any Splinter Cell games before this and didn't like them because of the repetitiveness.. all ive gotta say is a completely different game.. One minute you'll be climbing up a pipe and taking out 5 guards within a second.. the next you'll be runnin out of the building you got into through the pipe

This game brings hand to hand combat to extreme importancy..you can go through a large portion of the game just using hand to hand combat and then using that to "mark" targets for an insane takeout of all the guards marked..

I think the best way to explain the game is to simply check out the gameplay..the missions are prettty well put together..if sometimes annoying (a level where you have to get through Iraq and alot of the games key features are thrown out the window) but the majority of the missions are fun..and it is almost certain you'll be playing through it again.

The multiplayer could use a bit of work.. as in you need to be playing with a friend to get through the online coop.. which is where 1 Russian and 1 American spy team up to spy and take out targets more or less---- the reason i say you need a friend is for communication..it very unlikely you'll get through the missions without some sort of communication... because they could run out into a room that they think is clear..or they shoot the same target as you and the other ones see you..

The game is certainly worth it for the price its going for..which is when I got it 20 bucks new.. as in the plastic wrap and everything.
Çassús
Çassús
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 2152
Location : In west Philadelphia born and raised, On the playground where I spent most of my days..
Xfire? : Skitchcassus
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Splinter Cell Conviction / Assassin's Creed Series Empty Re: Splinter Cell Conviction / Assassin's Creed Series

Post by foxrock66(Roadkill) Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:49 pm

Pft. Now I don't know if I'll post my Conviction review. Needless to say my opinion differs from yours
foxrock66(Roadkill)
foxrock66(Roadkill)
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 3164
Xfire? : foxrock66
Registration date : 2008-04-13

http://foxrock66.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Splinter Cell Conviction / Assassin's Creed Series Empty Re: Splinter Cell Conviction / Assassin's Creed Series

Post by frang Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:09 am

Your description of the sp side of Conviction reminds me of the early days of Counterstrike, before it became all about the mp.....

Oh, gawd, frang's reminiscing again!!
frang
frang
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 2430
Xfire? : frangible
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down